That's what Cognizant Mobility stands for
Those who want the future need foresighted ideas. And a partner who understands them right from the start.
We believe in an intelligent mobility ecosystem for a future worth living. And we believe in accelerating the path to the new age with software and systems. As the driving force behind this global change, we provide our customers with the necessary impulses, technical know-how and products to achieve this goal together.
Cognizant Mobility is a specialized solution provider for complex electronic and IT systems in trend topics that move the market. Whether software development and operation, connectivity solutions, E/E complete vehicle development, data analytics, cyber security, system integration or testing - with knowledge and experience we provide our customers with the necessary impulses, the technical know-how, the products and the hands to achieve this common goal.
Solutions to the problems of contemporary mobility are not created under laboratory conditions. You have to overcome limits, be courageous, question existing thought patterns and reduce complexity. This is the only way to come up with ideas that work and add value. We call this working inventiveness and value-creating idea partnership. Being aware of these values again and again is what makes Cognizant Mobility a brand.
Future meets reliability. It all started with an airplane.
The responsibility for sophisticated system development, system integration and system support is deeply embedded in our DNA due to Cognizant MOBILITY's 55-year history.
Cognizant Mobility (formerly ESG Mobility) originated from a certified aviation company. Due to numerous problems with the controllability of the Starfighter, resulting in many crashes and tragic fatalities, the Federal Ministry of Defense demanded a solution in 1963. The foundation for today's Cognizant Mobility was laid. By viewing the aircraft as a holistic system, our engineers succeeded in analyzing the fault behavior of the components and making the technology controllable - thus increasing the safety and operational readiness of the Starfighter.
Cognizant Mobility has been providing know-how to automobile manufacturers and suppliers with locations around the world for almost 30 years. The starting shot in the automotive industry was given in 1984. This was followed by the consistent expansion of the automotive division with projects for BMW and other well-known German OEMs. Long-term partnerships connect us to the present day.
Even nowadays, the technology transfer between the industries distinguishes us and provides the decisive competitive edge. In automotive and avionics, the focus is on highly complex technologies and increasingly networked systems. In the future, we will continue to expand this lead and be an engineering partner, process know-how provider, technology consultant and IT expert all in one.
Since 2021 we are part of the world's leading service and consulting company Cognizant, which specializes in transforming its customers' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Cognizant is ranked 194th on the Fortune 500 and is consistently named to the list of "Most Admired Companies."
How we work as a team: Our guidelines for cooperation.
This is how we work as a team.
- We are ready to talk and maintain an open dialog based on tolerance and mutual respect. Before we form opinions and make statements, we listen to the other side.
- We let colleagues and employees have their ideas and succeed.
- You can rely on each of us.
This is how we work as a team.
- Our job requires a high degree of flexibility. We are willing to work in changing teams and are open to change.
- We use and develop our ability to work together in an integrated team, in a global context and in contemporary forms of work (e.g. nearshoring).
- In decision-making, we encourage an open exchange of views among all stakeholders.
This is how we work when conflicts arise.
- We deal with conflicts directly, openly and with the courage for clarity.
- In dealing with conflicts, we preserve the decency and dignity of others.
This is how we make an entrepreneurial impact.
- We create tangible added value for our customers, constantly look for opportunities for improvement and uncover new innovation opportunities.
- Each of us is responsible for a part of the company's success. And according to this motto, we always review our thinking and actions.
This is how we work in projects.
- We ensure that deadlines, costs and quality are met and provide regular feedback on this.
- As a manager, I take care of the ideal mix of customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, workload and project efficiency.
This is how we deal with mistakes.
- We take responsibility for our mistakes and learn from them.
- Mistakes are openly addressed, analyzed and corrected in an improvement process.
This is how we challenge and encourage our employees.
- We have a responsibility to develop ourselves professionally and personally.
- We rely on open performance communication.
- Managers support their employees in their needs-based and targeted development.
Compliance at CognizantMobility
Cognizant Mobility has committed itself as a company to act responsibly and lawfully by means of the "Compliance Code of Conduct". This "Code of Conduct" shows every employee the values, regulations and behaviors that are central to Cognizant Mobility. Business partners of Cognizant Mobility are also obliged to comply with the guidelines of the Code of Conduct. As confirmation of this basic attitude, Cognizant Mobility requires either alignment with the business partner's own Code of Conduct, which corresponds in terms of content, or with a common industry code.